The Advisory Board provides the strategic direction for the RIN following the framework of objectives and budgets set by our funders.
The Board advises on and reviews our ongoing strategy and workplans.
Advisory Board membership:
- Professor Sir Robert Burgess (Chair) - Vice-chancellor, University of Leicester
- Professor Michael Anderson - Chairman of the Trustees, National Library of Scotland and former Senior Vice-Principal, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Margaret Atack - Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Leeds
- Professor John Coggins - Vice Principal for the Faculties of Biomedical & Life Sciences, Clinical Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow
- Professor John Feather - Professor of Library and Information Studies and Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Science, Loughborough University
- Professor David Ingram - Professor of Health Informatics and Director of the Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional Education (CHIME), University College London
- Martin Richardson - Director of Journals Division, Oxford University Press
- Professor Mary Ritter - Pro-Rector for Postgraduate and International Affairs, Imperial College London
- Professor Tom Rodden - Professor of Computer Science, University of Nottingham
- Professor Kevin Schürer - Director of the Economic and Social Data Service and the UK Data Archive, University of Essex
- Dr Sarah Thomas - Director of Oxford Library Service, University of Oxford
- Dr David Walton - Head of the Environment and Information Division, British Antarctic Survey
- Professor Nigel Weatherill - Head of College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Birmingham
- Professor Evelyn Welch - Academic Dean for Arts, Queen Mary University of London
- Jan Wilkinson - University LIbrarian and Director of John Rylands Library, University of Manchester
Observers: Paul Hubbard (HEFCE), Malcolm Read (JISC), Joanna Newman (British Library)
The terms of reference of the Board and minutes of past meetings are available below.