Incentivising data management and training
Wednesday, 2 November 2011 16:30 - Thursday, 3 November 2011 16:30Location: University of Warwick
The seventh Research Data Management Forum (RDMF)workshop , sponsored by the Digital Curation Centre in association with the RIN, will take place at the University of Warwick on 2nd and 3rd November 2011. The theme for the workshop is Incentivising Data Management & Sharing. Presentations and discussions will address a range of vibrant questions including
- What are the enablers and barriers for the sharing and reuse of research data, and what really is the key to unlocking an apparent impasse?
- What kinds and level of impact from research output are both desirable and achievable through the application of effective data management?
- What should be the funders’ role in motivating data sharing?
- Are institutional measures to encourage and facilitate effective data management and sharing a matter of cash, careers or cultural change?
- What should be involved in the creation of support infrastructures that will engage researchers?
- Can applying a beneﬁts analysis toolkit have value as a motivational lever?
- What should be funded by whom and who claims the return on investment? What are the implications for funders, institutions and researchers?
To register and for further information, please refer to the RDMF web pages.